The Department of Mathematics was started in the year 2000 with strength of eight students. By the continuous encouragement of the college management the Department has steadily been in increasing pace both strength wise and result wise. The studious staff of the Department together with the hardwork of the smart students have brought several University Ranks in the undergraduate stream. The Department was upgraded to a Post Graduate Department in the year 2015. The first batch of the Post Graduate students secured centum results and secured fourth rank in the University. Most of the Department staff are qualified and also has been approved by the University of Madras to teach both UG and PG stream. With the strength of more than 100 students now, the Department will bring many more laurels to the college in the years to come and will be elevated to the level of Research Department.
- To empower women by providing equal opportunities in socio economic, cultural and global employment market through quality education.
- To make the students more self employable.
- To encourage the students to pursue higher studies
- To strengthen the women physically, psychologically, socially, economically responsible individual through appropriate education.
- Motivating them to showcase their talents through several activities.
|| To facilitate the students for better understanding of the subject, encourage them to pursue higher education these by enhancing employability and making them professionally efficient to work effectively for the society.