Looking Back with Pride - Chairman’s Message
Each individual is blessed with certain heavenly gifts. Among the many gifts that God has blessed me with, I consider my Mentor to be extremely special. It is my fortune to have been blessed with such a valuable mentor. Indeed, I feel proud to be one among the millions all over the world to have Dr. Daisaku Ikeda as my leader.
It was his poem “Mother…Mother…” that deeply touched my heart. Deeply impressed by this touching poem, I decided to pay a tribute to my master in a fitting manner. Thus was born Soka Ikeda College of Arts & Science for Women. This college is a proud testimony to the high regards that I have for my beloved Sensei.
Soka Ikeda College is not a mere edifice built of bricks and mortar, but a haven made of hearts. This is a shrine of education where values are created and worshipped. At the end of the short tenure of three years they stay with us, our students march out to the greater world, not only with academic proficiency to start their career but with more confidence to face the world and encounter any difficulties that come their way. They cross the portals of our college with all the high values that would soon project them as able leaders and international citizens who would strive for global peace.
I turn back to see the path we have travelled to reach this point – many hurdles have been crossed, much hardships have been borne. Yet we have come out through unfazed and dauntless with the grace of the Almighty, the blessings of our Honorary Founder Dr. Daisaku Ikeda and our Honorary Principal Mrs. Kaneko Ikeda, the guidance of our well-wishers like Dr. Akash K.Ouchi, Dr. N.Radhakrishnan, and Mr. Howard E. Hunter …..And the support of the parents who have entrusted their wards to us with good faith that we would transform them into good human beings. And we have miles to go...
Through this message I salute every one of our benefactors with gratitude and seek continuance of their patronage.
- Soka University Highest Honorary Award instituted by Soka University, Japan
- Soka University Degree of Doctor, Honoris Causa in the year 2008
- The Honorary Degree of Doctor of Literature (D.Litt) issued by the World Academy of Arts and Culture at the XVII World Congress of Poets in Seoul, Korea in 1997
- The Soka University Award of Education and Culture by Soka University Students Union, 1999
- Soka Gakuen Award of Highest Honour by Soka Gakuen, Japan in the year 2001
- Diploma de Onoare, Rumania, 2002
- Michael Madhusudan Award - Best Honour for noble creation by Michael Madhusan Academy, Calcutta
- Rashtriya Rattan Award by Global Economic Council, New Delhi in the year 2000
- Ramachandran-Ikeda Award by the Indian Council of Gandhian Studies, Thiruvanandapuram, Kerala in appreciation of work and daring experiments in the field of education inclusive of the cash award of Rs.50,000
- Vallal Pandithurai Virudhu by Murugalayam(Reg.) during the 23rd anniversary in the commemoration of the 135th Birth Anniversary of Vallal Pandithurai Thevar.
- The “Prestigious Seva Rathna Award” by the World Friendship Council – Voluntary Social Service Organisation, for his service to humanity through education.
- “Maxim Gorky Life Time Achievement Award” from the Russian Centre of Science and culture in the year 2013.
- World Tamil University in America Honoured Dr.Sethu Kumanan with Doctorate for his excellence service in Education and literature in the year 2016
- Excellence for Education Award bestowed upon by United Kingdom Tamil Nadu Chamber of Commerce (UKTNCC), 2017
- Recipient of Peace Ambassador Award from Israel in 2018
- Justice S.Mohan Tamil Award instituted by the writer Mr.M.Pugazhendhi for his commendable service for Tamil.
- Forest Supporter Award by Dr.APJ Abdu Kalam International Foundation
- Sethu Kumanan has been appointed as a Advisor to Ministry of Tamil Education , Uva Province with effect from 29th March, 2019
- Appointed as Senate Member in St.Teresa University, Kingstown, St.Vincent and The Grenadines, Caribean.
- Malaysia Manimakudam (1990)
- Idayathul Israel (1995)
- Masakthi Ikeda (1998)
- Mexicovil Tamil Kavidaigal(1999)
- Petra-A travelogue of the trip to Jordan - A compilation of photographs.(2012)
Short Films Produced
- Veeramangai Velunachiar, a film on historical women
- Ellaiyilla Paarvai-Vision beyond boundaries *
- Kadavulai Kandaen-Saw God- a real story of our school student *