DEPARTMENT OF SOCIOLOGY
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Department of Sociology is the undergraduate teaching programme, inaugurated in the academic year, 2021-2022. The ranges of areas offered under this course are social development, economic life, health, NGO management and so on. This is a unique programme that has multi-disciplinary approach. This course intends to impart students with essential theoretical knowledge along with field visits for practical exposure. The career opportunities for this degree are limitless. Students’ after completing bachelor degree in sociology gets secured employment chances both in India and abroad. They will be placed as social researchers, administrators, public relation officers, data analysts and community organizers.
“To offer quality education to students in the field of sociology and related disciplines”
“To contribute to the development of knowledge and skills of students in the upcoming areas within Sociology”
- To promote the intellectual development for the students in the arena of social anthropology and psychology
- To help students understand the concept of social relationships and social structures, both in local and global context
- To provide opportunities for students to engage in seminars and special discussions to develop appropriate skills for the field
DEPARTMENT OF HISTORICAL STUDIES
ABOUT THE COURSE
The Department of Historical studies is the UG programme, inaugurated in the academic year, 2021-2022. It is one of the most interesting and knowledgeable platform that helps students to shine in their career life. Choosing Historical studies enables students to understand the past incidents better and its connections with the present and future scenario. This academic discipline deals with study of societies and culture for longer periods of time. The career options available for a bachelor in historical studies are archaeologists, archivists, historians and academician. Sound knowledge in history and its facts forms the basis for clearing the main exams of Civil services.
“To promote students’ knowledge in history, society and culture and transform them into responsible citizens”
“To empower students to cope with the challenges with confidence and instill them the passion for learning history”
- To develop academic knowledge on Indian history and world history through teaching, research and extension activities
- To provide unique learning experience for the students to enable them to understand the inter-connections of global, national, regional and local history
- To provide opportunities for students to engage in seminars and workshops for practical exposure in the industry